- Stretching and Flexibility: 7 Tips (WebMD article)
- 9 Important Stretching Exercises for Seniors to Do Every Day (article)
- Stretches for the Inflexible! Beginner Flexibility Routine (You Tube video)
- The 21 Best Stretching Exercises for Better Flexibility (article)
- Stretching Exercises for Seniors (You Tube video)
- How To Stretch for Beginners, Safe Stretches (You Tube video)
Stretching exercises and calisthenics don't require special equipment, and can be done just about anywhere for free. Just remember the exercises you used to do in gym class back in your school days - jumping jacks, sit-ups, toe-touches, leg squats, windmills, push-ups, and so forth. You can also find lots of videos on You Tube with fitness exercises and workout programs, ranging from basic beginner videos to more advanced workouts.
Exercise balls aren't expensive (most are under $30, some under $20) and are a great for yoga, pilates, and other types of exercise, as well as helping improve your balance. You can simply sit on an exercise ball while you watch television or work on the computer. You'll work on your balance and burn a few more calories at the same time.
Speaking of balance, walking around the house with a book on your head really does help. It'll improve your balance and your posture at the same time.
On Social Media:
Twitter: @DystopianSurv - My account specifically for this website. 99% prepping, survivalist, and homesteading tweets. Few, if any, posts on politics.
Twitter: @TimGamble - My main account. Survivalist information, plus heavy on news, politics and economics.
GAB: @TimGamble - Mainly a back-up account for when Twitter bans me for being not being a leftist.