Here are seven sure-fire ways you can fail at prepping:
1) Do nothing. Doing nothing is the fastest way to failure. The excuses are plentiful:
- I don't have enough time.
- I don't have enough money.
- I don't know what to do.
- I waited too long.
- I'm too old.
- I've got bad knees.
- My wife/husband/mother-in-law won't let me.
- My minister said preppers aren't trusting God. (Funny... He still gets insurance.)
- If an asteroid hits my homestead/bug-out location, I'm doomed regardless.
- I trust the government, and look forward to spending time in a FEMA camp.
2) Only do the fun parts of prepping. Guns & ammo and gold & silver are fun ways to prepare. Why bother doing all that other stuff? Spend a whole day taking a first aid course - too boring. Lose weight & get into shape - too hard. Move out of the Big City- too scary. Buy land and set up a homestead - too expensive. I just want to have fun!
3) Ignore your finances/Go into debt. Drain all your savings and max out those credit cards buying lots of guns and ammo, high-end knives, multi-tools, and other neat gear. After all, once the economy tanks for good, they'll be no bill collectors to worry about. It like FREE money!!!
4) Spend all your time reading books and watching videos. Don't waste your time planting a garden. Don't bother going hunting, fishing, or camping. Don't get your hands dirty working on your own car or toilet. That's what the professionals are for. Once the SHTF, you'll easily be able to put all that theory you learned to work in real life. Getting actual experience before you need it is for suckers!
5) Don't worry about your health and fitness. Some 100-year old guy was interviewed on TV once, talking about smoking since he was nine and eating bacon every day. Obviously its all genetics and there is really nothing you can do anyway, Besides, when that asteroid falls own your head, you'll be dead no matter how healthy or fit you are. Now, go cut me another slice of that pie while I finish smoking this cigarette.
6) Only have one plan. I hear some folks talking about having a Plan B, or even a Plan C. Sounds complicated, so why bother? I mean, what are the odds that your first plan might not work out? Things always work out the way we plan. Nothing unexpected ever happens...
7) Be a lone wolf. Its just you, and maybe your wife and kids. No problem. That's all you need. I'm sure you'll be able to pull security 24/7/365 without any breaks. Who needs sleep anyway? And you'll never get sick, or hurt, or tired. Besides, you already know how to do everything yourself, no need for anyone else's knowledge, experience, or skills.